Kalvin Jones wasn’t willing to accept the lack of diverse candidates in technology as a status quo. He took the simple but repeated requests for coding classes in Indianapolis and founded Code Black Indy, a non-profit organization with the mission to make tech accessible for everyone.
“If you really want something, there’s a way to get it. It may not be easy. It may not be pretty, it may not be fast, but there is a way you can get it done.”
Kalvin’s goal is to help bring smart, motivated, diverse talent to the technology field through school curriculum, community outreach programs, and adult certification classes. How does he do it? He makes Zero Excuses.
- You can’t prepare for what’s going to come.
- Motivation to learn is crucial.
- If it’s hard, it’s worth it.
After You Listen:
- Connect with Kalvin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kalvinbjones/
- Learn more about Code Black Indy: http://codeblackindy.org/
- Connect with Nick: https://www.linkedin.com/in/smarrelli/
- Learn more about GadellNet Consulting Services: https://gadellnet.com/