Liesel Mertes is a workplace empathy consultant and the owner of Handle with Care Consulting. Her job is to help companies learn how to support team members through what she calls disruptive life events, something she knows all too much about.
She experienced a tragedy that could have devastated her, but instead, she found a way to fight through the pain and help others.
How does she do it? She makes Zero Excuses.
- Sharing empathy in the workplace
- The importance of psychological safety
- Identifying your empathy avatar
In this episode, you will learn:
- [02:30] – Empathy in the workplace is essential
- [05:32] – Productivity is tied to empathy
- [10:02] – Acknowledging someone’s struggles
- [15:28] – Empathy avatars
- [17:02] – Navigating compassion fatigue
After You Listen:
- Connect with Liesel: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lieselmertes/
- Learn more about Handle with Care Consulting: https://www.lieselmertes.com/
- Listen to Liesel’s podcast: https://www.lieselmertes.com/blog-2
- Connect with Nick: https://www.linkedin.com/in/smarrelli/
- Learn more about GadellNet Consulting Services: https://gadellnet.com/
More from the Zero Excuses Podcast: