“It’s not about acting on everything. It’s about acting on the things that have the most impact and affect the most employees.”
Heather has written two bestselling books, given a Ted Talk, and hosts her own podcast called “Leadership with Heart.” She is also a mom of four kids, has a doctorate in law, and teaches at the University of Denver.
How does she do it? She makes Zero Excuses. And she believes there are zero excuses for not taking a big step towards a diverse, inclusive, and employee-focused culture.
- Listening requires an intent to act
- Don’t separate the human element from the business metrics
- Hearing the truth will make the organization better
In this episode:
- [02:01] – You don’t need to act on everything
- [12:37] – Who decides culture?
- [15:30] – Every metric points back to people
- [17:27] –Don’t over-complicate listening
After You Listen:
- Connect with Heather: https://www.linkedin.com/in/heatheryounger/
- Learn more about Employee Fanatix: https://employeefanatix.com/
- Connect with Nick: https://www.linkedin.com/in/smarrelli/
- Learn more about GadellNet Consulting Services: https://gadellnet.com/