As one of the fastest growing IT companies in the Midwest, GadellNet Technology Solutions inspires and enables hundreds of small business organizations to leverage technology to drive phenomenal business results. We are passionate about building a creative, entrepreneurial, and progressive work environment where all employees are empowered. GadellNet is proud to employ a highly talented team and is looking for individuals interested in helping grow our business further in 2020.
About the Position:
As a Client Site Engineer, you will be responsible for all client issues via telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues. Your main objective is to ensure proper computer operation in order for end users to accomplish business tasks. This includes actively resolving escalated end user help requests within established SLAs. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require in person, hands on help at the desktop level. As a Client Site Engineer, you will be on-site with one specific client and will be the main point of contact for any IT needs.
- Primary contact for customers for any technical issues
- Responsible for monitoring the infrastructure, customer devices and troubleshooting issues.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries related to computer systems, software and hardware
- Walk customers through the problem solving process and train them on computer usage
- Install, modify and repair computer hardware and software
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems
- Maintain vigilance for tickets that represent duplicate issues or requests related to the same user. Cancel duplicate tickets and communicate to end users and technicians involved
- In the event that you are not able to provide a solution to the customer, collect diagnostic information to pass to the Tier 2 team
- Serve as the client contract expert for the purpose of spotting tickets that are out of the normal scope and require further account management action
- Enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures
- Communicate monthly maintenance window reminders to customers
- Manage incoming calls to the Service Desk to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues
- Monitor incident trends and anticipate potential problems for proactive resolution
- At least two years of experience working as a help desk or service desk consultant
- Proficiency in troubleshooting complex systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Associates degree or higher
- 2 or more years of experience with desktop systems up to Windows 8, Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SQL
- 2 or more years of experience with network design, architecture and implementation
- Extensive application support experience
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Experience working in an ITIL-driven environment, and working knowledge of ITIL principles and processes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues is required
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly, business-friendly manner
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
At GadellNet, our core values guide our decision making process, overall empowerment of our employees and assignment of responsibility within our teams. This role is meant to create an experience that supports the values and goals of GadellNet and fosters a one-of-a-kind service experience for our Clients. This experience creates brand awareness and equity, as well as establishes a culture that attracts and retains the top talent available in our markets.
- Make an Impact
- 100% Responsibility 0% Excuses
- Grow or Die
GadellNet is a best-in-class employer with competitive salaries, benefits, full-time hours, flexible work arrangements and more!